|Ice on the Field. DBAP, 26 Jan, 11:00 am|
- Glad there’s no day game today!
- Former Bulls broadcaster Neil Solondz offers his analysis of the Rays lineup. Interesting to WDBB are his comments on the complications at shortstop in St. Pete and Durham.
- Harold Gutmann at the Herald-Sun has a nice piece on Charlie Montoyo’s return, and some good quotes. Sound likes Charlie likes it in Durham.
- Bulls fans may remember Rays DH Luke Scott, who had a 2-game rehab visit with the Bulls last year. (3 hits, two of them home runs). Over at The Process Report they are using an interesting way to visualize hitting performance as they look at Luke Scott’s 2012 season. Those kinds of data aren’t available in the minor leagues, and I’m not sure how useful they would be. But they do make for interesting pictures.
- Scott, by the way, just re-signed with the Rays. That means the 40-man roster is crowded. Expect some pushing and shoving the next few days. Trades or assignments to the Bulls are in the offing.