|DBAP, Nov 14, 2013|
- Work on the field continues. Even early this morning crews are out there working on the new drainage system.
- As is well-known by now, Wil Myers won Rookie of the Year honors. For those deep into Bulls’ trivia we must note that two of the the three Rays’ Rookie of the Year winners started their award-winning season in Durham (Longoria and Myers. Hellickson started his year in St. Pete).
- This is delayed, but report is that Hak-Ju Lee’s rehab is coming along OK (yeah!).
- Reading between the lines, this sounds like Charlie Montoyo will be coming back (super yeah!).
- Down south Leslie Anderson is having an extraordinary winter. An OPS of 1.035 over 95 at-bats! Also, Mike Montgomery is getting some good press out of the Arizona Fall League.
- The Durham Bulls are starting a Bullsreborn campaign, beginning with new jerseys. WDBB likes that idea, but only if the numbers are legible at a distance, unlike the blue ones of the last couple of years.
- Here’s a poignant/sensible piece about leaving the game of baseball from the New Yorker (thanks to DRaysBay for the heads up).
- Lastly, it looks like WDBB favorite ballplayer Jon Weber is playing this winter down in Mexico. Having a decent season. Good luck, Jon!