In the weaver’s world the word hemstitching is used for two purposes: to tie up loose ends (literally, because an “end” is a thread in a warp) and for decoration.
- The best site for keeping an eye on upcoming Rays (and the source of some terrific stats analysis) is apparently dropping out of the game. Rays Prospects has announced that it is going dark. Too bad. They were very helpful to WDBB when I was trying to get going. Doug Milhoan, Kevin Gengler, Jim Donten, BurGi, good guys all. Now am I going to have to chase down this winter league stuff on my own?
- Rich Thompson decided on free agency after he was “outrighted” to the Bulls last week. Thompson was one of the few good things to happen to the Bulls last season. On the other hand, at 33, with a taste of the big leagues in his mouth, and with the Rays dumping him, you have to think he felt he had to take a shot at going it alone. Good luck, Rich. Here’s hoping you land in a good place.
- Rays Index has put up a Rays roster payroll projection for 2013. Scroll down near the bottom to see several current Bulls (and 40-man roster guys). Check out the notes. Cork Gaines, as usual, has some interesting thoughts.
- In spite of a stellar post-season, former Durham Bull Delmon Young is being dumped by the Detroit Tigers.
- In the Winter Leagues a couple of potential Bulls are doing OK, notably Kevin Kiermaier, Henry Wrigley and (!!!) Alexander Torres.