86 days to home opener!
- Although mentioned earlier, the Rays have made it official by signing WDBB favorite Craig Albernaz to a minor league contract with an invite to Spring Training. I had never noticed he was an Eckerd College grad. Eckerd College is in spitting distance of Tropicana Field, the home of the Rays. See a bit more depth over here at Rays Colored Glasses.
- In addition, the Rays made official the signing of outfielder Jason Bourgeois and pitcher J.D. Martin. All have invites to Spring Training. That means that they have above average odds of starting the year in a Durham Bulls uniform.
- The Bulls have put up a very nifty little 2013 schedule file. Just download it and it will put the home schedule into your iCal program, which will then move on to your iPhone and iPad. Probably works in the non-Apple universe as well. Does not include away games, but sure helps avoid typing them in on your own—we all do that, right?
- WDBB has found an even more dedicated fan of Jon Weber than ourselves. Check out Robbie Knopf’s work over at Rays Colored Glasses, especially this career overview, but also this that mentions his solid season in the Winter Leagues. Also mentioned are several other ghosts from the Bulls' past.
- This is the season for top prospect lists. Several potential Durham Bulls on this one.