Season: 40-13; Trip: 3-2
Wrap, Box, Courier-Journal
I wasn’t going to post today, but a couple things have come up.
The key highlights if the game were Wil Myers’ two home runs (3 RBI) and Matt Buschmann's very decent outing. But there was a flurry of interesting stuff ...
Outside the game —
- A couple of places are speculating the Wil Myers will get called up sooner rather than later (here, for example), but the Tampa Bay Times isn’t so sure. Then there’s video of the homers here.
- A comment by Patrick Kinas that Rich Thompson was “out for the year” jumped out at me last night. I was only occasionally listening, but Thompson himself has confirmed to WDBB (via twitter) that he may be out for the year. That’s terrible news for Thompson and the Bulls.
- New catcher Jesus Flores left the game after just a couple of innings. No reason given for his departure.
- Interesting photo over at Bull City Summer.
- Bill James offers ideas on how to reform minor league baseball.
- For a couple of waiting-for-the-game-to-start grins check out 10 Ways to Change MLB. Actually, a couple of them might actually work. Really like the "yellow card" idea.