The Pawtucket Red Sox are the Triple-A affiliate of the Boston Red Sox and they are having a good year, much like their parent club. They are leading in the very competitive North Division, but they had a 1-9 stretch going into the break.
The Bulls played four games against them in Pawtucket back in early May and split the series 2-2. One of the wins was a combined no-hitter led by Jake Odorizzi, who will likely be on the mound this series.
Outside the game —
- A little bit of early season history for folks just checking in with the Bulls: Three key Tampa Bay Ray pitchers have had various kind of trouble this year, David Price, Brandon Gomes, and Alex Cobb. In their stead, several guys who started with Durham have been with the Rays during the season, Chris Archer, Alex Torres, and Alex Colome among them. David Price is back in the lineup. Alex Colome came back to Durham and went on the DL. Some folks are starting speculate about Archer and Torres, both of whom have been doing very well. Examples of the commentary are at Rays Index and at Rays Colored Glasses. What does it mean to the Bulls? Not sure. But bullpen turmoil is likely in a couple of weeks.
- C.J. Riefenhauser got a few more comments regarding his appearance in the Futures game.
- The International League won the Triple A All-Star game 4-3. Wrap. Box. The Bulls’ Vince Belnome started at 3B and went 1 for 3. J.D. Martin pitched a scoreless 2nd inning. Kirby Yates pitched a scoreless 8th inning.
- The N&O has a nice feature on the Bulls today.
- If you’ve been following the saga of Duece, the missing border collie who got spooked by last weekend’s fireworks, he’s been found and is back.
Lastly, a little bit of weirdness, and a test of your Korean language skills. Just watch. Then wait for the reruns for a couple of different angles. And you might have to click through to Youtube.