- Montgomery Advertiser reporter and Biscuits blogger Stacy Long is down in Florida and scaring us to death with posts like this telling us Hak-Ju Lee left a game Saturday in a golf cart. However, a bit later he also reported that the injury wasn’t serious. I sure hope so.
- Long also has some interesting stuff on pitcher C.J. Riefenhauser and outfielder Kevin Kiermaier.
- Meanwhile, I’m pleased to report that Elliot Johnson made it all the way from being a non-roster invite to the 25-man active roster of the Cleveland Indians. Good for him. I really did not want to see him back in the DBAP playing in Triple-A this year.
- On the other hand, Dan Johnson is likely to be back in Durham later this year. This time in a Buffalo Bisons uniform. He was cut from the Blue Jays spring training roster a couple of days ago.
- At a game last year we got into a discussion on “pitch framing” with a person who umpires college baseball. She insisted that pitch framing was overrated. This article in Sunday’s New York Times would beg to differ and implies that it’s a skill that the Rays are value very highly.
Update: Tampa Tribune reporter Roger Mooney is tweeting that it's a calf strain and that Lee will be out for 3-4 weeks.