Season: 39-29; Home Stand: 0-1
Wrap, Box, Herald-Sun
According to Brook Pryor over at the Herald-Sun, Dylan Floro’s problem was that his two-seam fastball wasn’t working and he didn’t switch to his four-seamer soon enough. Well, something sure happened in the first two innings and that makes as good a sense as anything else. In the meantime, Columbus’ Michael Roth was doing a very good job of keeping the Bulls in check.
One of those games where it was OK to see the storm coming.
New to me was to see manager Sandberg staying in the dugout when the Bulls were at bat. Hitting coach Dave Myers took 3B and infielder Vince Belnome took 1B.
Roster summary —
- Matt Buschmann took his opt out and we have not heard if he has signed with anyone else yet.
- Ronald Belisario got added to the Tampa Bay roster.
- Catcher Bobby Wilson “accepted the assignment” from the Rays to the Bulls. Saw him in the dugout last night.
- Catcher Mayo Acosta was taken off the roster, but was seen in the bullpen.
- Pitcher Ernesto Frieri, who’d been sent down from Tampa Bay, is on the disabled list.
- Pitcher Bradin Hagens was called up from the Biscuits. He’s got some interesting stats. No word on whether he is to be a starter or reliever. He’s done both at Montgomery this year.