There're holes in our bats,
Dear Wool E., some holes.
(apologies to Harry Belafonte...)
Season: 30-30; Home Stand: 2-0
Wrap, Box, Herald-Sun
Bulls hitters struck out 18 times last night, setting a season record. Usually dangerous Cory Brown led the pack with 4. Probably some sort of hex for being the first Bull to be named hitter of the week this year. New catcher Bobby Wilson was in the lineup and got one of the Bulls 4 hits.
What about the pitching? Really not all that bad, except for Andy Oliver in the 8th. In that inning he gave up just one single and then struck out the three remaining batters. Problem was that the guy who singled was wild pitched completely around the bases! So he took an earned run on his outing.
The Herald-Sun reported that manager Jared Sandberg was ejected from the game, but it doesn’t show up in the box score, so not entirely sure that the Herald-Sun got it right.
Rosterification (Are you tired of trying to keep track? So am I) —
- Pitcher C.J. Riefenhauser is back from Tampa Bay
- Infielder Alexi Casilla came off the DL and played second base last night.
- Infielder Leonardo Reginatto was sent to Montgomery (where he hit a triple and a home run last night).
- Pitcher Kyle Winkler was sent to Montgomery
- Montgomery Biscuits blogger “Dr. Miraculous” is not happy with the way the Tampa Bay Rays treat his team. Interesting read.
- Groundsman Scott Strickland tweeted a terrific photo from the night before last. Thrilling moment.
Last nights storms were pretty solid... pic.twitter.com/Agd9Lxyxow— Scott Strickland (@DurhamBullsTurf) June 19, 2015