|Game 35, May 10, DBAP||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||R||H||E|
Lehigh Valley IronPigs
Season: 22-13; Home Stand: 2-3
Wrap, Box, Herald-Sun
This was a hitting and running game, and I missed most of it before I could get to a television in the 7th inning just as Lehigh Valley closed it up to 6-7. A glance at the team OPS for the game — .982 — tells you a lot about how things went.
Brandon Guyer seems to be settling into the leadoff spot, and he did his job getting on base five out of six tries with four hits (all singles), one hbp, one stolen base, scored three runs, and got a RBI.
Mike Fontenot got 3 hits in his 6 tries, scored a run, and 3 RBI.
Wil Myers hit a three-run homer in the 1st and picked up a 4th RBI when he reached on an error in the 6th.
And it’s always fun to mention a great game by catcher Craig Albernaz — who arrived back from Hudson Valley just in time to suit up for the game. (Note: that’s a lame attempt at humor. Albernaz never went to Hudson Valley. He was moved back on to Durham’s roster when Frank De Los Santos went on the disabled list.) In his first game since the no-hitter, Albernaz picked off a runner on first base, threw out a runner trying to steal second base, had two singles and a double while batting in the #9 position, and scored three runs.
Jake Odorizzi worked really hard, 101 pitches in 5⅓ innings. Steve Geltz had two balks called on him, which seemed to get him really upset. After giving up a triple, he shut down the Iron Pigs for the rest of the 7th and all of the 8th.
Outside the game —
- The new manager of the Iron Pigs is a familiar face, longtime Richmond/Gwinnett Braves manager Dave Brundage.
- Chris Archer is back in the rotation. He’s to start this afternoon.
- Josh Lueke got in 1⅓ innings for the Rays last night. 2 Ks, no hits, no runs. Story, plus some speculation regarding how long he might stay, viz., the rest of the season.
- The Bull City Summer website went live recently.
- Norfolk lost, so the Bulls are now just one game back in the South Division.
|click chart for larger version|