- The News & Observer has two stories! One apparently via NBC Sports, the other by Cory Smith.
- The Herald-Sun has Harold Gutmann on the ground in Allentown. He has an interesting quote on Charlie Montoyo's pitching plans:
Odorizzi was picked to start over IL Pitcher of the Year J.D. Martin, who set a Bulls Triple-A franchise record with 16 wins. But Montoyo said that Martin will pitch at least one inning out of the bullpen. The manager also will use IL All-Star closer Kirby Yates, even if the Bulls are losing.
“I’m going to treat the game almost like an all-star game,” Montoyo said. “They deserve to be in the national spotlight.”
- The Omaha World Herald has two pieces by Rob White. One about the pitching matchup between friends, the other on players to watch.
- Not be outdone, the local Allentown newspaper The Morning Call, which does a very good job covering the Iron Pigs during the season, has two pieces by Jeff Schuler. One on putting the game on at Coca-Cola Park, the other on the game itself.
- Lastly, before it gets lost to memory, the Bulls site has a photo gallery of the Governors' Cup victory celebration.