- RHP Brandon Gomes: Assigned to Durham Bulls from Tampa Bay
- RHP Jim Patterson: Assigned from Durham Bulls to Montgomery Biscuits
- RHP Doug Mathis: Assigned to extended spring training
- RHP Juan Sandoval: Released (Note: I liked Sandoval. I hope he finds work. From the stands, he looked to be a better pitcher than Mathis and he had slightly better stats.)
- RHP Alex Colome: Finished suspension, assigned to Durham Bulls, scheduled to start 5/26
- RHP Alex Colome: Called up to Tampa Bay (hope he has passport with him, the Rays are in Toronto)
- RHP Doug Mathis: Called back from extended spring training.
What's really, really weird about this is that if you follow the Rays/Bulls closely this sort of makes sense, but only if Colome was showing some impressive stuff while in his "rehab". On the other hand, it's got to work on the heads of these guys, at least a little bit.
Oh, tonight's starting pitcher is now listed as Merrill Kelly. It was his turn in the rotation when Colome was first listed.
Update: Turns out that Rays outfielder Brandon Guyer broke his thumb yesterday and is going on the 15-day DL. That made room for Colome, but have to think that the Rays will eventually reach out for a position player. But Kiermaier is the only outfielder on the Rays 40-man. Gonna be interesting.