Pawtucket Red Sox 2; Durham Bulls 0 (7 innings)
Game 19, Monday, April 23, McCoy Stadium
Pawtucket Red Sox 7; Durham Bulls 1 (7 innings)
Season: 6-13; Trip: 1-11; Streak: 0-8
Is there some good to talk about? Well, yes, a few flickering lights
- If these two games had been played last night at the DBAP it would have been really miserable for us. Those of you from around here know that last evening was particularly cold and damp. I was happy not to be at the ballpark.
- New guy Stephen Vogt got his first hits of 2012, as DH in game 2. He also caught the first game.
- New guy Reid Brignac played in game 2, at shortstop, and got a hit.
- Because these 11 losses have come on the road, none went into extra innings, and two games were these shortened minor league style double headers, the Bulls pitching staff has thrown 15 fewer innings over this stretch. (Home team doesn’t come to bat in the bottom of the last inning if they are winning.)
- Chris Archer and Ryan Reid had decent starts. Reid is emerging as a key figure on the Bulls pitching staff.
- New guy Lance Pendleton made his first appearance and picked up his first loss.
- Over the two games Bulls got 11 hits (10 singles, 1 double) but only scored 1 run. The Red Sox scored 9 runs on 15 hits (4 doubles and a homer).
- The Bulls are playing the Norfolk Tides tonight. The Tides have lost the last 6 games in a row. The Bulls have lost their last 8. Somebody’s going to have their streak broken!
- Hedeki Matsui (stats) will likely be wearing a Bulls uniform in a couple of weeks, if various reports are accurate. Will that bring some nostaligic Yankee fans to the DBAP. Why not? If you’re into trivia, Matsui has only played in 5 American minor league games in his career (rehab games while a Yankee) He is expected to go to Port Charlotte to get in shape, then show up in Durham.
- If you missed it, Tim Beckham went on the 7-day DL, making room on the roster for Brignac. Just putting the decision off?