First, a couple of looks back to Sunday’s game in Louisville.
- Darin Smith at MiLB.com wrote the game up, with some good quotes from Justin Ruggiano.
- Adam Sobsey over at Indy Week had this take on the game.
- In Louisville, two somewhat elegiac looks at the game and the Bat’s season. One by Michael Grant and another by Eric Crawford [link].
Looking forward, Adam Sobsey takes a look at the matchups.
Up in Scranton Chad Jennings blogs about the SWB Yankees and he’s got some interesting stuff about the upcoming series.
- A look at their series against Gwinnett.
- And a first look at the Bulls.
- Probably most interesting, however, is what the NY Yankees did to them yesterday. As much as I complain about the Rays, it’s hard to understand why the Yankees would essentially rip two key players out of the heart of their AAA team at this point. But they did it, pulling an outfielder, Freddy Guzman, up and DFAing a reliever, Anthony Claggett (essentially making him unavailable for the playoffs).
- Then a position-by-position match-up.
- And a look at the pitching match-ups.
With all this talent out there, I think I’ll just go to the game and see what happens, then write it up. But I've got to say at least a little something. Once again, I'm pretty comfortable with our position player situation, particularly with Michel Hernandez available handle all the complications we're bound to have with pitching. My hope is that we can build a good cushion for Jeremy tonight so that maybe, just maybe, he'd be available if we need him for game 5. Somehow we cobbled together enough good pitching to get by Louisville. All we have to do is do it again.
And we can.