Season: 43-50; Trip: 1-4; Bulls v. Knights: 4-8; Standings
Before the game Broadcaster Patrick Kinas noted that this series would be a matchup between the best and worst ERAs in the International League. In his pre-game interview, Manager Charlie Montoyo said that starting pitching was his biggest concern, but that he was pleased at how well the Bulls were able to come back in recent games.
Jim Paduch gave up five runs in the first inning. The Bulls got 4 back. Not enough.
Outside the game —
- Over the break the Rays released Bulls outfielder Jeff Salazar. Too bad. From a fan’s perspective, Salazar was a really interesting guy to watch. His numbers weren’t all that impressive and he was fighting for playing time in the last couple of weeks.
- Stephen Vogt came off the disabled list and Craig Albernaz was “sent to Hudson Valley”.
- A blogger has some good things to say about Tim Beckham, and he does have a lot of potential. But he had a couple of big opportunities last night and didn’t come through.
- Oddity: Not one position player on the Knights’ roster is on the White Sox’s 40-man roster, but 9 pitchers are (two of those pitchers are on the DL).
- Rays Prospects has updated their analysis of hitting prospects.