Here are a few odds and ends that have been piling up around here.
- The Bulls only had one position player on the bench last night, catcher Steven Vogt, who had just driven up from Montgomery the same day. He might be in the lineup tonight. If so, it will be his first AAA start.
- He may be joined by Montgomery Biscuits outfielder John Shelby who is reported to be on his way up as well. If so, it will be Shelby's first AAA start.
- Survivors: Last night's starting lineup had only three players who started for the Bulls back on April 7th, Ray Olmedo, J.J. Furmaniak, and Russ Canzler. You can look it up.
- Old time Bulls fans will be interested to know that former Bull Jim Magrane in back in the states and pitching with broadcaster Neil Solondz's old buddies, the Somerset Patriots |stats| |story|
- One member of the Patriots pitching crew is another former Bull and WDBB favorite Jason Cromer, who is doing OK: 10-8, ERA 3.38.
- And back on July 26 Columbus Clipper pitcher Justin Germano pitched a perfect game! Against the Syracuse Chiefs, in Syracuse. 27 up, 27 down. Box Score, Story play-by-play, Columbus Dispatch, and Columbus Dispatch follow-up. Congrats to Justin Germano!